Thursday, January 31, 2008

Buckteeth V10 - Bouldering Chebucto Head

This is a clip of Ben Blakney attempting the boulder problem "Buckteeth" at Chebucto Head. We shot this video in February or March 2002. It was quite cold that day and that may have been the only thing saving Ben from excruciating pain.

I showed this clip to my wife and she could not understand what was wrong with us. I can see her point. As a climber, when you get fixated on a particular piece of rock it's hard to walk away without success.

Enjoy!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice. I remember trying this once. The potential fall under that thing into the big ass hole and eventually into the water turned me away.

Anonymous said...

that was waaay too much gore for me. anyone interested in coming to Nova Scotia to climb should get their skin toughened up before they head out East. use the back side of the cheese grater a few times a day (on palms as well as back of hands) and you'll have a better idea of what we're dealing with here!!